Thursday, June 7, 2012

Music and Running and AWESOME Headphones Deal.

UPDATE: Headphones available again and now with FREE SHIPPING. 3 Pair $9.99 shipped and go through ShopAtHome for another 6% cash back. 
Go Here to be directed straight to Graveyard Mall.

Image 1
First the deal, get a set of THREE headphones for only $12.98 $9.99 SHIPPED! Just use code VIBE3 at check out. If ordering more than one set, it's $1 more for shipping per item. These also come with 3 ear plug sizes too.

My husband is particularly rough on his headphones and so we go through them like candy. Actually I just broke his newest pair too! Oops... I'm surprising him with these. If your reading this honey, SURPRISE! :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, now for a little self observed insight into myself from my 5 mile run this morning... I have finally done it TWICE NOW! YAY!

It's no secret that running to music helps out a TON by either increasing the tempo or keeping a steady tempo. It also keeping your mind off of the road or treadmill. I can't stand running without music anymore. 

Today I realized that I have a unique gift, growing up I have always made analogies relating life- even the smallest simplest things in life to the Gospel and Jesus Christ. That gift also applies to other areas of my life. Today as I was running, I was imagining every song having to do with music. Silly huh?! But man it was funny! 

Here are some of the lines from songs I listened to today. Can you guess the song and artist?

"Go on. Go on. Leave me BREATHLESS."

"The reason that you had to care. The traffic is stuck and your not moving anywhere. It's a beautiful day! Don't let it get away. You'r e on the road but you've got no destination. Even if that doesn't ring True, you've been all over and it's been all over you..."

"Is it getting better? Or do you feel the same? Or will it make it easier now?"

"Just maybe you need this, and I didn't mean to lead you on. You were all I wanted, but I just can't finish what I started."   LOL! I so feel this way about running, especially two miles into the long runs but somehow listening to the song is a wake up call for me and I keep running because I don't want to give up on myself! 

"Forget me not. Those are your words." -Today I needed to be back in time for my husband to get to work... it fit.

"I know it's hard for you to understand what I'm going through." -I can imagine my body saying this to my mind while running. My body is usually saying NO to running but my mind say "JUST GO"!!

"You remind me of who I really am!" 

"By now you should have somehow realized what you got to do. I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now"  LOL... another one that was quite funny today. I sometimes curse running and sometimes I love it. 

and from the same song...

"All the roads that lead us there are winding..." 
"cause maybe you're gonna be the one that saves me"  literally could be true for many of us.

And seriously, this one I was laughing at today...

"Would you dance if I asked you to dance? or would you RUN and never look back?" First of all, I am not a fan of this song, never have been but today it was funny.  In this line it makes me think of all those past relationships that I would and did run from, yikes! lol!

Same song, totally gives it away.

"I can be your hero. I can take your breath away" Running is heroic to me for a few reasons, 1) It is super tough. 2) It is very good for your health and literally can save you. 3) When I watch people run a race, there is a personal intensity in each individual that just amazes me. I just think they are so dedicated and tough! 

Needless to say, it gets really funny(and who doesn't enjoy a laugh to start their day) when each song becomes about running. 

"I love you" "I hate you" "You leave me breathless." "Can I be your Hero?" 

It's just funny! No? 

I've asked before and I'll ask again, *hoping for more responses* 

What do you listen to when you run? 

I'm finding that my good ol punk music from my high school days can get me moving but I love to switch it up lots.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!