Friday, May 4, 2012

Runners Quote of the Day... ringing true for me.

I get these "Daily Kick In The Butt" quotes from Runners World through email and sometimes they are just silly to me but some are really great. Today's was perfect for what I have been trying to accomplish. I am always needing more time but it is hard to pull myself out of bed... and honestly it wouldn't have happened today if I didn't have the help of my husband waking me up... my alarm sure didn't get me up. 


I ran 2.5 miles in 28 minutes(11.2 minute miles)!!! 

The first .75 mile was running outside from my house to the gym, then one mile inside, then another .75 back! This was good because it was uphill on the way there and down hill on the way back. A little variation. Since I live so close to the gym, really, I should always just run there and back.

So hopefully today I get lots more out of my day! 

101 Kicks in the Butt

"When you run in the morning, you gain time. It's like 


stretching 24 hours into 25. You may need to sleep less

and get up earlier, but if you can get by that, running 

early seems to expand the day."

-Fred Lebow, Founder of NYC Marathon via Runners World

And for even more DAILY KICKS IN THE BUTT... GO HERE for 101 ways to keep you motivated to run!

My 5 favorites are:

*Create a BLOG to track your runs and progress! :)
*Mama get a new pair of shoes! (You can watch for a great deal, I got my Fila's from Kohl's for $26 on clearance. I guess they were last seasons brand. I love them too!)
*Forget time!! -Just run for fun.
*Good to-go playlist- so important! I can not stress that enough!
*Play in the Street... dance a little! :)

And one more... just because it's so dang applicable! 

*THE PILE OF DISHES  in the sink  CAN WAIT till the sun goes down. Your tempo run can't.

Now go read the other 95 Kicks in the BUTT and get running!!!


**On a side note, I have FINALLY seen the numbers on the scale drop, only two pounds but I have been running now for a couple of months... in complete contrast to my lack of physical exercise previous to these months. It's a really good thing that is not my real reason for running or I would have quit 7 weeks ago, lol!**
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!