Friday, April 20, 2012

Coins for Kids... my kids... not what you think.



I have a bit of a hard time motivating my children to clean, listen, quit fighting... ok well, I just have a hard time with them. Don't get me wrong there are LOTS of great times too... but my three children are all very young. the oldest will be 5 soon, then a 3 year old and a 1 year old. To say the least, they are so close together that not only do they LOVE each other, they are constantly around each other- except when Big sis is at pre-school so they tend to fight lots too. 

Since we have a vacation coming up and I really don't need to be stressing over the little things I know they can do, maybe I can encourage my kids into doing them with a reward tied to the vacation! Every time they make their bed, clean the toy room, living room, bedroom, or simply do things without mom's help... they earn coin! YAY!!! And if they beg for mom's help... they don't get coin. If they fight, they LOOSE coin.

They get to do this until the day we leave for our trip, then we'll count it out and see how much they can spend to buy souvenirs. I know I'm not the first to think of this idea or anything but we just haven't had a reason for such a cause until recently. I don't want them thinking that their whole life I will pay them to do chores they should already do so having a goal for them to work toward, such as spending money for the vacation is perfect. 

Then after that, we'll come up with a different plan like this idea I ran across months ago- and have yet to make it...
a "Caught ya being Good" method.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!