Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Beginner Budgeting Tips

It's been a while since I've given any good budgeting tips... something I need to do more often for sure. Anyhow, I just read this article from All You magazine and besides the advertisements, it is a great place to start if you are feeling a bit overwhelmed with how to manage your money.

Learn How to Make a Budget(Basics):

-Calculate What You Spend
-Get organized(track your spending)
-Add up the numbers
-Develop a plan to fit your lifestyle
-Stick to your plan

I especially like how it says that if your budget makes you feel like you are wearing a straight jacket then you need to change it up. But always remember to live on less than you make!

I would just add that you NEED to use cash(debit cards & checks count as long as you aren't going into the overdraft!!)

Even with a debit card, we tend to overspend... the cash envelope system may be the way to go for you if you keep finding it hard to track your expenses.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!