Thursday, June 13, 2013

Best kept Laundry Secret! AMAZING!!!!


In preparation for my baby, I pulled out all the baby clothes I had stored away only to find them looking AWFUL! All those spit up marks I thought I had washed out were back and were WORSE! If you are a mom, you know what I'm talking about. The stains GROW!

I was completely expecting to have to throw out lots of the clothing due to these stains(my kids spit up A LOT!) but not with out a fight first.

After some research... on Pinterest... of course, I found the BEST LAUNDRY TIP EVER!

Seriously it took out ALL THE STAINS! I was so impressed- especially since some of the outfits were so covered in spit up stains I didn't think they stood a chance. This saved me lots of money for sure!

Pin It now to save for later!

So all you need is a large pot, water, and a couple scoops of Oxi Clean. 

Directions from Glue Sticks blog Below:

"The Best Homemade Stain Remover for Baby Clothes"
 
Boil a large pot of water (about 1/2 full).
When the water is boiling, turn off the heat. Add a couple of scoops of Oxi-Clean.
Then add the stained clothes.
 (It works on darks too but definitely do separate pots since the darks will obviously bleed). Let clothes sit submerged in water for 5-10 minutes then dump water and clothes into the washing machine and wash as usual. If it's something really soiled, you may have to repeat the process one more time. I've never had to.

I would add one tip... when you add in the Oxi Clean, add slowly because it will bubble up and if you are doing it for the first time like me... you will end up with a stove top covered in Oxi Clean--- however, it helped clean the stove top nicely too. It feels like a science experiment, lol!

But seriously... this is amazing and it is said to work on any bodily fluids... spit up, baby blow outs, sweat stains, blood. I haven't tried it on anything but the baby clothes yet but plan to go through the white t-shirts and see what happens. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!