Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Goal Worthy...

Ok, I have to admit, I've never been great with setting goals let alone, reaching the ones I have set, particularly when it comes to physical fitness-we're much better with financial goals-not perfect just much better. 

I know every New Years comes around and sooo many people set goals. I find that there are 3 types of goal setting. Here are some examples.

Person 1: "I will loose weight this year"

Person 2: "I will loose 20 pounds this year"

Person 3: "I will loose 20 pounds by running 3 times a week for at least a half hour a day and eating the daily recommended fruits and veggies and I will loose it by May 1st. I will have it written on a calendar so I know exactly what I need to do each day to reach my goal"


Then there's me... I really want to loose weight but I don't have time to focus on it, I don't want to fail so I just won't set that goal- there for I'm NOT a goal setter. *Took care of that problem!!* At least the others set goals, they are headed in the right direction.

I KNOW that my rationalization is just crazy so I continue to try and do better. I advance to the person #1's position, then #2, and then with the help of friends and family, I somehow find myself committing to a goal like person #3.

My goal?
I will run a Half Marathon on July 14th, my first EVER.

Yup, and here I am publicly stating that I just told my husband I would run a HALF MARATHON! What???!!! Crazy.

My husband was first to plant the idea in my mind, then my sisters and my niece and well... I guess it'll just be a family event.

So here is my running schedule for the next few months. I've even got it written on a calendar.

Monday: RUN 30 minutes
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: RUN 30 minutes
Thursday: RUN 30 minutes
Friday: REST
Saturday:RUN 30 minutes
Sunday:REST

Then 10 weeks before the 1/2 marathon(Which is Mid July) I will be following the same schedule as far as days but I will have an actual distance I must run each time!  The training schedule and "helps" for a half marathon even said you must set goals to reach as you train. Here I go making more goals!
Wish me luck!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!