Thursday, October 6, 2011

Staying Positive while Paying Off Debt

***THIS POST WAS SUPPOSE TO BE PUT UP BEFORE WE EVER LEARNED OF THE NY ROACH-VILLE(refer to previous post for details) AND BEFORE WE EVER EVEN CLOSED...*** I WAS MORE POSITIVE BACK THEN...LOL. THOUGHT I'D SHARE IT ANYWAY BECAUSE IT WAS A PART OF THE PROCESS WE WENT THROUGH! And I needed my own pep talk, lol!

So a quick little update, we have now extended for the 3rd time on this home loan... hopefully we will for sure be signing by Wednesday! Crossing fingers. Then the fun begins. I can't help but start to question our decision with it taking so long and being so frustrating. I'm frequently asking my husband, "So do you still think it's a good idea for us to buy this condo?" BUT... I do know we have a plan (THIS IS WHERE I NEED TO READ AND RE-READ MANY MORE TIMES TO COME) in place with our family and buying this condo is a big part of the plan, it fuels our ability to get our debt snowball rolling FAST and I mean FAST!

 Did I tell you that once we are moved, our estimated monthly "snowball" will be $1700-1800ish compared to our current situation of making the minimum payments? Living in the condo will give us an extra $800-900 a month on top of our regular payments of $929.00 for a $275 car payment, $349 student loans(you can image just how much the loans add up to if that's the payment right?!) , and $305 mortgage payment! Seriously! That snowball is most of our income and we are being extreme in our plan so we don't have to suffer being slaves to debt forever. We want to leave the debt behind us FOR GOOD!

It already helps me stay more focused to tell you all this. A part of me feels very vulnerable to admit to such debts and to be open about our circumstances but oddly enough, I think that is how it is supposed to feel when trying to get out of a hole(now imagining that hole ad our "new" condo, lol). Anyone looking in can see it's not fun being stuck down in there, and hopefully those looking in can help us out by being supportive.

When you find yourself questioning if you are on the right path financially while paying off debt how do you overcome those thoughts? How do you stay positive while paying off debts? REALLY, PLEASE GIVE ME SOME GOOD ANSWERS TO THIS ONE, MAYBE EVEN FUNNY ONES TO HELP ME LAUGH THROUGH IT! :) Pin It

1 comment:

Camille said...

Just think of the comment made in conference (and this is me summarizing it!) "There is no shame in couples who must scrimp and save" ... you are growing closer together because of this! SOMEDAY you will be grateful for this trial! Keep your head up Julie!

Post a Comment

I love comments!