Friday, October 7, 2011

On Modesty...

I have been grateful over the past few years for companies that began making modest clothing for the girls and women of The Church of  JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints and for anyone else striving to be modest. It really did help us to be able to dress modest and a little more modern. And there are several companies jumping in on the idea. DownEast, ModBod, ModBe(now owned by DownEast), Layers, Shades(sadly closed their doors), and Apricot Apparel to name a few and others I'm sure. 

BUT recently I have been noticing changes occurring that DO NOT support modesty. Quite frankly it is the devil's cunning plan to deceive the believers. Start out with modesty, add in some worldly look to it for a while, then sprinkle adds with some suggestive poses, start selling clothing not so modest, more adds that are completely suggestive and revealing... NO I WILL NOT BE FOOLED! I HOPE NONE OF YOU WILL EITHER! NOT ONLY WILL I NOT BE FOOLED BUT I WILL NOT SUPPORT SUCH COMPANIES FOLLOWING THIS PATTERN, AGAIN I HOPE YOU WILL NOT SUPPORT SUCH COMPANIES EITHER! 

At the very least, email them and tell them what we really want, MODESTY! Our community needs it and the world needs it, please help promote modesty.

If you don't believe what I'm saying, let me just tell you the most recent thing I saw from Mod Bod, I won't show you because I don't want to have such images repeated. They are suggestive and immodest. 

I just received an email today from ModBod that said they had a new look for their website and new fall colors so I went to check it out. What did I find? Yes a new look... one of immodesty. There are several suggestive and revealing poses that do not follow the guidelines we as women of The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints follow.  One picture in particular, it was the second one on their slide show, was of a girl leaning over wearing a black shirt and black netting panty hose. It appears there is nothing else but those black netting panty hose. Whether this is because there truly isn't any skirt, shorts, or pants, or if it is just the way the photographer took the shot, it is clearly IMMODEST and VERY SUGGESTIVE AND OFFENSIVE! That is just one of the many suggestive poses on their website and in their ads. 

If you need a refresher on what The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints believes and supports as MODEST, here you are:

Non revealing clothing, no tank tops( I know for those not of our faith this is a hard one but yes it is one of our standards), obviously no tube tops or other revealing tops, no low cut blouses, shorts and skirts should meet the knee cap, and no skin tight apparel. 

We believe in showing respect for our bodies which are temples given to us and created for us by Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

I know that we all individually can decide not to support such companies but how much greater impact can we have if we choose to STAND UP to these companies? While there are millions of other companies out there that obviously do not support modesty either, they do not claim to support it in the very least bit, nor are they trying to appeal to the LDS community(members of The Church Of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints).

*I also take in to consideration that these shirts are commonly used and meant for layering, as are the tanks(typically), but are not always promoted in such ways. When shirts and tanks are layered with the appropriate top, they may be modest, this does not in anyway change the adds and suggestive apparel chosen for the photo shoots.

I'LL STICK TO SUPPORTING THE COMPANIES STILL TRULY PROMOTING MODESTY!

*One more note... none of the companies are actually associated with The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints
I don't want anyone to be confused by that either. Thanks. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!