Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm getting brave

Now that I have been making these cute budget books for almost two years and selling them on Etsy and the occasional craft fair, I am stepping it up a notch. If you have been following my blog you may already know that Le Petite Garage recently contacted me to do consignment in their adorable high end shop on the beach in New Jersey. I happily obliged. I am so excited to see how they do in b&m stores. I am not worried because of all the wonderful feedback I get from my customers... see my store feedback here. I am so greatful for feedback too because it really helps me to know how I am doing and even what I might be able to improve with my products.

Anyhow, I am not located in New Jersey so I decided that I should try local shops as well. This means that I go find the cutest shops and yes I even get to spend some mula in these shops, I now have that budgeted in:) I went on my first adventure with my sister today. I absolutely adore a couple of local shops here in Salt Lake. They caught my eye right away when I moved into town. I would feel so special if I were able to have my products featured in their shops. Once they decide to purchase or carry on consignment, I will list the names and links to the shops here on my blog.

Well, I have to tell you. It isn't easy just waltzing up to someone you don't know and asking them to consider carrying your items in their shop. It is the initial "Are you the owner or buyer for this store?" that always scares me. After a little bit of talking about them and their shop I then lead into my products(which I happen to be a big fan of) but I still find it hard to talk about how much I love them because I feel like I am totally bragging. And I guess I am sometimes. All in all, I am excited to see what local shops I'll be able to discover in the near future. I am headed to another part of the city tomorrow to see what I can uncover.

My sister is actually helping me in the wholesale and consignment process. She isn't so shy. She can talk to anyone so it is nice to have her help. Anyhow, watch for future shops to be carrying MLBB products. Hopefully in a shop near you!

If you know of any well established boutiques or shops in your are that you think my products would fit well in, let me know and I will try hard to get my products in a shop near YOU! :)

Thank you for reading my updates and following my blog. I would love any comments too! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!