Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil Review

Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil - 32 oz.
I am so pleased to be able to review the Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil

My first recipe I used is this one provided by Tasty Yummies (click for original recipe)! I had to adapt it a little as I didn't have all ingredients. I prefer frozen mangos if you have them- this makes the mixture less gritty. If they aren't frozen and you don't like grittiness- just drink through a straw. The taste is great and the coconut flavor is so yummy in it. I have to say the vanilla amps the flavor for me too! I'll be trying it again with a banana and frozen mangos next time! JUST a little FYI: Did you know my first job was mixing smoothies at Jamba Juices? I LOVE smoothies!

ADAPTED Coconut Mango Banana Smoothie – Serves 2
2 cup milk
2 mangos, sliced
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
1 handful of ice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes for topping, optional
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately. Sprinkle some coconut flakes on top, if you wish.

I'm excited to try out some other great recipes with coconut oil too! I think it would be yummy for chicken on Hawaiian Hay Stacks too!
Here is some information about the product from the company. 
Tropical Traditions is America’s source for coconut oil. Their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is hand crafted in small batches by family producers, and it is the highest quality coconut oil they offer. You can read more about how virgin coconut oil is different from other coconut oils on the website: 




Tropical Traditions also carries other varieties of affordable high quality coconut oil. Visit their website to check on current sales, to learn about the many uses of coconut oil, and to read about all the advantages of buying coconut oil online. 


Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!