Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dave's 7 Baby Steps

The Seven Baby Steps
Step 1
$1,000 in an emergency fund (or $500 if you make less
than $20,000 a year)
Step 2
Pay off all debt except the house utilizing the
debt snowball
Step 3
Three to six months expenses in savings
Step 4
Invest 15% of your household income into Roth IRAs
and pre-tax retirement plans
Step 5
College funding
Step 6
Pay off your home early
(if you can't pay for it in cash right away)
Step 7
Build wealth and give!
P.S. I asked Dave a question and I am hoping for a reply. I know that you all get them, stupid pre-qualified credit card apps and loan apps... I personally loath them. And every time you get one, you know that company has checked your credit score and put another ding in your credit! My goal is to not ever have to use credit as I want to pay cash for EVERYTHING... even a house one day BUT if for some reason I don't have $150,000 cash for a house when the time comes and I need to borrow a little, I sure don't want my credit score to be lowered because of pre-qual letters.
The question: Is there a list that a person can sign up to be on that makes it illegal for credit card companies to check our credit score with out us allowing it? Or a law of some kind?
I'll let you know if I get an answer.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!